Salary: $10.82 per hour (50 hours per pay period)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Type correspondence, memorandums and tabular material using format provided by supervisor; files information as required.
- Assists in the procurement of materials and supplies.
- Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate person.
- Maintains logs of various activities and reviews and corrects data entries on activity logs.
- Prepares records such as notices, minutes and resolutions.
- Records reservations for public facilities.
- Assists with maintaining calendars of the Director.
- Provides clerical assistance to various committees, when required.
- Operates personal computer and other standard office equipment.
- Assists in the development of improved methods and procedures for maintaining files.
- Receives, stamps and distributes incoming mail, processes outgoing mail.
To perform this job satisfactorily, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing and bookkeeping; or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Skill in the operation of the following tools and equipment: telephone, personal computer including word processing, spreadsheet and database software; copy machine, fax machine; base radio; 10 key calculator.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to handle stressful situations; ability to recognize tools, equipment and other material used in the assigned division; ability to make arithmetic calculations and tabulations rapidly and accurately; ability to write legibly; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; ability to work independently.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee normally works in an office environment that is normally quiet.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501