Salary: $11.65 per hour
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Types correspondence, memorandums, tabular material and budget sheets using format provided by supervisor; files information as required.
- Receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate person.
- Writes requisitions to encumber funds and keeps track of divisional accounts.
- Operates data terminal, personal computer and other standard office equipment.
- Processes incoming invoices for payment and insures accuracy of purchases.
- Assists in the development of improved methods and procedures for maintaining files.
- Receives, stamps and distributes incoming mail, delivers outgoing mail.
- Orders supplies and equipment as needed, following written divisional guidelines.
- Provides clerical assistance to various committees, when required.
- Writes and checks division personnel and payroll forms for accuracy including time sheets, leave balances, evaluations, and employee files.
To perform this job satisfactorily, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing and bookkeeping and two years of increasingly responsible experience; or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Skill in the operation of the following tools and equipment: telephone, personal computer including word processing, spreadsheet and database software; copy machine, fax machine; base radio; 10 key calculator.
- Working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; working knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices; knowledge of business English, spelling and arithmetic.
- Ability to effectively meet and deal with the public; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; ability to handle stressful situations; ability to recognize tools, equipment and other material used in the assigned division; ability to make arithmetic calculations and tabulations rapidly and accurately; ability to write legibly; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public; ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions; ability to work independently
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Frequently: Required to stand and talk or hear, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 25 pounds.
The personal contacts are typically with employees of different departments, external agencies, and the general public. The purpose of the contacts is to answer questions requiring explanation or limited interpretation of standard procedures. May involve some hostility.
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence on May 25, 2021. All application submitted after that date will be placed in a separate folder awaiting the outcome of the initial review. Should none of the original applicants be selected, the second set will be available for review.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.