ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Receive trouble reports and enter work orders into system, receive and keep record of complaints notifying appropriate division supervisor in assigned area of responsibility of situations requiring immediate action or schedule for future date and, when necessary, refer to appropriate department within the City.
- Answers in-coming calls, receives the public and answers questions; responds to inquiries from employees, citizens and others and refers, when necessary, to appropriate agencies or persons.
- Generate requisitions/purchase orders for procurement of supplies, materials and equipment as is necessary to maintain an adequate inventory required for Department operations.
- Operates a variety of office machines including personal computers, printers, scanners, CDROMS, fax machines, postage machines, and copy machines.
- Receives, stamps, and distributes incoming mail, processes outgoing mail.
- Composes, types, and edits a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material requiring judgment as to content, accuracy, and completeness.
- Regularly prepares and maintains the Division’s documents, reports and records.
- Compile expenditure detail reports, monitor and reconcile budget accounts to ensure balances remain within established operating parameters
OTHER DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with preparation of budgets and maintain budgetary records, to include tracking expenses requisitions supplies/services and track purchase orders.
- Reviews, updates, and ensures accuracy of all briefings and handouts.
- Track evaluation due dates for five divisions, including five supervisors, one Superintendent, notify appropriate supervisor/Superintendent when employee evaluations are due and create cover page for each evaluation.
- Attend Cemetery Board meetings, act as recording secretary, record, transcribe, and distribute minutes to Board Members.
- Acts as custodian of office documents and records. Establishes and maintains filing systems, controls records and indexes using moderate independent judgment.
- Schedules appointments, and performs other administrative and clerical duties
- Operates a motor vehicle to run errands and make distribution runs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job satisfactorily, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduation from a high school or GED equivalent with specialized course work in general office practices such as typing, filing, computer skills training, accounting and bookkeeping, and two years of increasingly responsible related experience; or any equivalent combination of related education and experience.
- Skill in the operation of the following tools and equipment: multi-line telephone system; computer terminal; personal computer operations including but not limited to Microsoft Office and database software; scanner; fax machine; copy machine; postage machine; calculator; cell phone.
- Working knowledge of computers and electronic data processing; working knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Ability to perform duties accurately; ability to effectively meet and deal with the public; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The personal contacts are typically with employees of different departments, external agencies, and the general public. The purpose of the contacts is to coordinate activities or answer questions requiring explanation or limited interpretation of standard procedures. May involve some hostility leading to stressful situations.
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence on January 22, 2021. All application submitted after that date will be placed in a separate folder awaiting the outcome of the initial review. Should none of the original applicants be selected, the second set will be available for review.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.