ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Performs all cemetery landscaping to include mowing, fertilizing, tree trimming, watering and pest and weed control, maintenance of all perpetual care lots, and levels both flat and upright monuments.
- Performs a variety of sheet metal work in order to keep all needed graveside equipment in good and proper working order, also does all types of concrete work ranging from setting forms to smoothing the finished product.
- Sets up and tears down funeral equipment for graveside services, pulls maintenance on this equipment to see that it is in good working order.
- Operates both 1 and 21/2 ton trucks, backhoes, and front-end loader to prepare gravesites and other work at the cemetery. Performs general maintenance on all equipment to include oil changes, sharpening blades, and repairing broken hand tools.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position is considered Safety Sensitive by Administrative Policy 3-2. The employed hired to this position will be subject to random drug testing.
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of heavy trucks and light duty construction equipment.
- Knowledge of the hazards of heavy truck operation and of appropriate safety rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the traffic laws and regulations governing the moving of equipment and operation.
- Ability to work in adverse conditions.
- Ability to perform strenuous manual labor.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions, ability to work independently in performance of routine duties.
- Graduation from high school or a GED and possession of a valid Oklahoma driver's license prior to starting work.
- This position requires successful completion of a City of Lawton physical examination and drug screen as a condition of employment.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. As a “safety sensitive” employee, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.