ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Sweep, mop, scrub, wax and buff floors, hallways, stairways and restrooms. Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
- Collect and remove waste paper and trash from offices, halls and restrooms. Wash walls, windows, mirrors, light fixtures and drinking fountains.
- Dust, clean and maintain furniture, fixtures, windowsills and railings.
- Replace light bulbs and minor painting
- Clean and disinfect toilets, washbowls and urinals. Replenish towels, tissues, soaps and other restroom supplies.
- Maintain the security of buildings at all times. Secure doors and windows during non-business hours. Turn lights on and off. Lock and unlock doors.
- Assist in loading, unloading and moving of supplies, equipment and furniture up to 50 pounds.
- Report needs for building repairs. Keep supervisor informed as to supply status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Previous janitorial experience preferred
- Knowledge of modern and efficient janitorial methods and techniques preferred
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions necessary in general building maintenance and custodial work preferred
- Ability to operate and maintain vacuum cleaners, floor scrubbers, polisher, carpet cleaner and other necessary custodial equipment.
- Possess a valid class D drivers license and acceptable driving record.
- Ability to work extended hours or evening, night or weekend shifts. May be required to return to work in emergency situations.
- Pass a criminal background check.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and use hands to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds aided by other employees or mechanical devices. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristic described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud
This document is a temporary management guide tool and is subject to change. The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them form the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501