Effective August 12, 2021, all applicants hired by the City of Lawton will be required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If the applicant is not fully vaccinated prior to their hiring date, the employee will have ninety (90) days to become fully vaccinated for COVID-19. If the employee fails to become fully vaccinated within the ninety (90) days, it shall be grounds for termination. Proof of vaccination will be required and a copy placed in the employees medical file.
DUTIES AND/OR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborates with clients, vendors, employees, and executives to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the City.
- Collects and analyzes annual reports, procedures, system design, and other data useful to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Assesses current practices and documents, records, and reports on findings.
- Makes recommendations for improvements, which may include new practices, forms, reports, data collection, and/or staffing changes based on assessments of current practices; communicates these recommendations to executives or other appropriate senior staff.
- Prepares and provides documentation and/or training materials as needed to facilitate implementation of suggested changes.
- Collaborates with employees to facilitate successful implementation of new systems and procedures.
- Promotes, tracks, and measures compliance with program changes by creating and implementing appropriate data collection, reporting, and/or recordkeeping processes.
- Reviews results of program changes for efficacy; makes or recommends further adaptations as needed for continual improvement.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Thorough understanding of business and management principles, especially those involved in strategic planning, human resource modeling, and the allocation of resources.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to constructively collaborate with various individuals with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to understand the culture and vision of the City of Lawton.
- Ability to work independently.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field required
- MBA or related master’s degree preferred.
- Three to five years’ experience as an analyst, auditor, or similar role preferred.
- Combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Certified Management Consultant (CMC) or similar designation preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to navigate and observe all departments within the company.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Duties are normally performed inside an office setting but may require infrequent inspections of outside facilities, potentially exposing employee to adverse weather conditions.
- The noise level is normally quiet in the office and moderate to loud when performing duties outside the office setting.
CITY OF LAWTON BENEFITS:
As an employee with the City of Lawton, you will receive various benefits in addition to your base salary. Some of those benefits are:
- Paid Vacation Yearly (after 6 months of employment)
- 12 or 13 Paid Holidays (7 or 8 hard holidays and 5 flex days)
- 96 hours of sick leave per year
- Partial premium payment for Health Insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma
- Health Saving Account (HSA) is available
- Medical Flexible Spending Accounts available
- Dental Insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield of Oklahoma is available
- Vision Insurance coverage through Blue Cross Blue Shield utilizing the EYEMED network is available
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance provided
- Many other Employee paid optional supplemental benefits
- Retirement through Oklahoma Municipal Retirement Fund (OkMRF)
- 3.5% Employee Defined Contribution Plan - 3.5% City match
- 7 years 100% vested
- Voluntary 457 Plans available through ICMA Retirement Corporation or Nationwide
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION:
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence on October 8, 2021. No applications submitted after that date are guaranteed to be reviewed by the Hiring Manager.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.