ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Mows and maintains recreational sports areas including baseball, softball, football, and soccer fields. Maintains and assists in the repair and/or installation of sprinkler systems and the repair or replacement of parts.
- Repairs fences and other structures located at facilities and assists in the construction of structures. Performs routine maintenance of equipment to include mowers, tractors, weedeaters, and other power equipment and restrooms and sports facilities.
- Assists in establishing, watering, and conditioning sports fields to include the seeding, fertilizing, top dressing, and weed and pest control in and around recreational sports facilities.
- Assists in setting up and taking down equipment for sponsored events/programs and assists in placement of bases, mounds, and yard lines, etc.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Required to work on or near moving mechanical equipment.
- Required to work on road right-of-ways near moving traffic.
- Often is working in high or precarious places and often exposed to airborne particles.
- At times may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and vibrations.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions, both extreme hot and/or cold.
- Ability to work in an environment that the noise level is usually loud.
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence on October 30, 2020. All application submitted after that date will be placed in a separate folder awaiting the outcome of the initial review. Should none of the original applicants be selected, the second set will be available for review.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. The “safety sensitive” positions in the following categories may be subject to periodic random drug testing pursuant to City of Lawton Administrative Policy 3-02: Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana. The categories listed are inclusive of City of Lawton jobs only.
- Police Officers or Peace Officers;
- Employees authorized to carry firearms;
- Employees with drug interdiction responsibilities;
- Employees that work in direct contact with inmates;
- Employees engaged in activities which directly affect the safety of others.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.