ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Regularly install, repair, calibrate and maintain instrumentation, test equipment and instruments.
- Regularly plan, schedule, and implement a preventive maintenance program on all instruments, telemetry, and computer controlled automation at all facilities.
- Regularly test, install, replace, calibrate, and maintain instruments, components, and equipment including receivers, transmitters, analyzers, strip charts, analog and digital controls, recorders, and chlorination instrumentation controls.
- Regularly install, calibrate and otherwise maintain treatment plant control systems such as analyzers, software and SCADA instrumentation, hardware troubleshooting, wiring, and other work as needed.
- Regularly prepare written reports as required.
- Occasionally trains and reviews work of others on an assigned basis.
- Occasionally installs and tests cathode protection systems.
- Occasionally assist mechanic and plant operator as required.
- Occasionally assist in preparing cost estimates for new projects and for annual budget.
- Occasionally requisition parts and materials as needed.
- Rarely assume duties of a plant mechanic or operator.
- Respond to change productively and handle additional tasks as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, General Education Diploma (GED) equivalent or vocational school supplemented by two years of college with courses in electronics and electrical theory and four years of experience in electronic instrumentation work at the journey level or higher; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the materials, methods, techniques, tools, and equipment used in instrumentation testing in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards involved and safety precautions necessary for the safe conduct of electromechanical work and equipment operation.
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting techniques, interfacing, software programming and hardware setup.
- Ability to test, troubleshoot, calibrate and commission instrumentation.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Possession of or the ability to obtain a Class “C” Wastewater Certification as issued by Oklahoma Department of Environmental Quality within one (1) year of date of hire. 01-12-10
PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be tolerant of heights.
Frequently: Required to stand and talk or hear, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds
Occasionally: Exerting 10 to 25 pounds of force
Rarely: Lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 100 lbs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions, and is exposed to all weather extremes.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers
to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk or sit and frequently required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten (25) pounds and rarely lift and/or move up to one hundred (100) pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, clear and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The environmental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Frequently: Works near moving mechanical parts or in outside weather conditions.
Occasionally: Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately noisy which requires hearing protection.
The work environment conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee regularly works near moving and vibrating mechanical parts. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places; is occasionally exposed to fumes or air borne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The employee will occasionally be exposed to wet or humid conditions and will frequently be exposed to outside weather conditions of extreme heat or cold with occasional ice or snow.
The employee will frequently be working during hours of darkness and will occasionally be near heavy vehicle traffic. The employee will occasionally be working in or near excavations or confined spaces.
The noise level of the work environment is moderately quiet in the service vehicle; but in the field, is loud, accompanied by jolting and vibration.
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence on January 22, 2021. All application submitted after that date will be placed in a separate folder awaiting the outcome of the initial review. Should none of the original applicants be selected, the second set will be available for review.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. The “safety sensitive” positions in the following categories may be subject to periodic random drug testing pursuant to City of Lawton Administrative Policy 3-02: Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana. The categories listed are inclusive of City of Lawton jobs only.
- Police Officers or Peace Officers;
- Employees authorized to carry firearms;
- Employees with drug interdiction responsibilities;
- Employees that work in direct contact with inmates;
- Employees engaged in activities which directly affect the safety of others.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.