ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Performs routine custodial jobs of the shop, office and scale facilities areas.
- Mows and weed eats around property as well as other landscaping maintenance as needed to include liter control.
- Maintains order of all recycling areas and directs traffic at the working face.
- Assists the Operating Staff with fueling and servicing equipment to include washing equipment when needed.
- Performs minor repair on equipment.
- Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Operates vehicles of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment, materials and supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school education or GED equivalent preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience relating to maintenance and/or repair of equipment, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Some knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used at the landfill;
- Skill in operation of some of the following tools and equipment: Motorized vehicles and equipment, including dump truck, pickup truck, utility truck, backhoe, track hoe, front end loader, street roller, lift truck, hydrohammer, trencher, rod motor, jet rodder, tamper, plate compactor, saws, pumps, aerial propane kettle, compressors, sanders, generators, common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches, detection devices, mobile radio, phone, ditch witch, skid steer loaders, and tractors.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time; Ability to work safely; Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing; Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other departments and the public; Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions. Ability to perform mathematical calculations at 12th grade level.
- Valid Oklahoma Driver's license.
- Skill in operation of listed tools and equipment. Ability to operate medium to heavy size equipment
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Frequently: Required to stand and talk or hear, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds.
Occasionally: The employee must occasionally lift and or move up to 100 pounds.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Works near moving mechanical parts or in outside weather conditions and in trenches and confined spaces
Occasionally: Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, vibration, fumes, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is moderately noisy which requires hearing protection.
Works in high, precarious places and is exposed to fumes and risk of electrical shock.
The employee comes in contact with citizens and employees of other departments and divisions, utility companies, and other agencies, profit, non-profit, civilian and military. Employee must be able to communicate with the supervisor involving work related jobs and with citizens about the general nature of the work being accomplished.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. As a “safety sensitive” employee, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.