Will communicate with Lawton Police Department in securing trustees on a daily basis, schedule lunches, breaks, etc. for trustees. Employee will also perform a variety of semi-skilled and technical tasks in the maintenance and operation of the grounds, parks, open spaces, and recreational facilities.
This position is considered Safety Sensitive according to Administrative Policy 3-2 which subjects the employee to random drug screenings.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Supervises trustees in litter control throughout the city
- Prepares daily reports and schedules for supervisor.
- Keeps a safe working environment at all times for self and trustees.
- Keeps equipment serviced and clean.
- Identifies, reports or removes unsafe conditions in parks and other City property. Reports to supervisor needed repairs that are beyond scope of the employee’s duties.
- Supervises trustees on special projects and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent and three years experience in ground maintenance work or any combination of relevant education and experience.
- Traffic and personal safety knowledge.
- Maintain current skills and knowledge of in the proper and safe techniques and materials and supplies used in ground maintenance functions and in house training.
- General knowledge of landscape maintenance.
- Working knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to operate independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedules.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to perform strenuous physical labor.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing; ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with employees, supervisors, and the public always wearing the proper City employee attire and responding to citizen complaints with tact and diplomacy.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
- Ability to work with and supervise trustees in high traffic areas in a safe and productive manner.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
This position primarily works outside and will be subject to the weather, to include extreme cold and heat, as well as loud noises.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. As a “safety sensitive” employee, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.