ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Regularly performs corrective maintenance on all mechanical equipment and process systems such as parts replacement, equipment changes, cleaning of sedimentation basins; maintains all equipment and structures of system facilities including pumps, wet wells, lift stations and related equipment. Maintains accurate records.
- Regularly test, maintain and repairs pumps, valves, compressors, chemical feeders, generators, heating and air conditioning units; transmitting, testing and recording instruments; pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- Regularly performs electrical and mechanical diagnosis and repair work including complete overhaul.
- Regularly performs a variety of preventive and predictive maintenance on equipment according to vendor specifications including lubrication, cleaning and painting of equipment.
- Regularly unloads equipment and supplies as needed
- Occasionally operate the water treatment plant which includes the responsibility to meet federal and state compliance requirements.
- Occasionally perform hazardous material response and cleanup.
- Occasionally performs other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or GED equivalent.
- Six (6) years of increasingly responsible skilled maintenance or construction work, including three (3) years experience in the repair, maintenance and operation of electric motors, controls and mechanical equipment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of electrical motors and controls, and proper methods of repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of the operating principals of pumps, control systems and other equipment related to water and wastewater treatment facilities
- Knowledge of the functions and mechanics of water and wastewater controlling, filtering, purifying, and related systems.
- Knowledge of the safe practices and procedures for handling and using all laboratory reagents and chemicals associated with a water treatment plant.
- Ability to make inspections to determine operating conditions and needed repairs of equipment, and to make such repairs expediently so as to cause minimum disturbance to operating schedules.
- Ability to assist in making estimates of labor and materials required for repairs, maintenance, and servicing of electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Skill in a wide variety of electrical and mechanical repairs and maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Regularly = 67% of the work time or greater;
Demands Frequently = 34% - 66% of the time;
Occasionally = 12% - 33% of the time;
Rarely = less than 1 hour in an 8-hour shift.
Regularly: Required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must be tolerant of heights.
Frequently: Required to stand and talk or hear, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds
Rarely: Lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 100 lbs
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions, and is exposed to all weather extremes.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501