Employee performs a variety of semi-skilled tasks in the maintenance and operation of the grounds, parks, open spaces, recreational facilities and other City of Lawton properties.
This is a seasonal position with a hourly wage of $10.08 to $11.10 (Depending on Qualifications.
This position is a Seasonal position but may see 40 hours per week or more. However, being a seasonal position, there are no benefits offered. Chosen applicants will still be required to undergo drug testing and a background check.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Mows grass and maintains recreational areas, right-of-ways and open spaces.
- Assist in tree removal and trimming
- Maintain flower and shrub beds
- Performs custodial work including but not limited to, collecting and remove waste paper and trash from restrooms and City facilities; mop floors, scrub and wipe down restroom fixtures to include showers, sinks, faucets, toilets, urinal, etc.
- Interact with the public and fellow employees in a polite and professional manner
- Performs maintenance on assigned mowers by replacing skids, blades, spindles, idler arms, tension rods, hydraulic hoses, and doing minor mower repairs
- Identifies reports or removes unsafe conditions in parks and other City property. Reports to supervisor needed repairs that are beyond scope of the employee’s duties
- Assists in setting up and taking down equipment for special programs; opens and closes facilities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- 18 Years of Age and experience in ground maintenance work or any combination of relevant education and experience.
- Skill in the operation of the following tools and equipment: tractors, mowers, chain saws, edgers, weed trimmers, sprinklers, and miscellaneous hand and power tools for turf maintenance.
- Working knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
This work involves many different and various circumstances when the employee must use own judgment in accessing the situation and getting the job done effectively. Work is performed in all types of weather, and employee is subject to noise, vibration, dust, and fumes during work activities.
The employee must frequently lift and/or carry things weighing as much as 50 to 60 lbs. The specific vision abilities of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. This employee will work daily in and near very high traffic areas.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
DATE TO HIRE:
We have IMMEDIATE openings for this position. Applications will be reviewed as they come in. There are 8-10 possible positions available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.