This is a seasonal position with an hourly wage of $10.08. The employee will normally work 40 hours per week. This seasonal position will end September 10th.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Mows grass and maintains recreational areas, right-of-ways and open spaces.
- Assist in tree removal and trimming
- Maintain flower and shrub beds
- Performs custodial work including but not limited to, collecting and remove waste paper and trash from restrooms and City facilities; mop floors, scrub and wipe down restroom fixtures to include showers, sinks, faucets, toilets, urinal, etc.
- Interact with the public and fellow employees in a polite and professional manner
- Performs maintenance on assigned mowers by replacing skids, blades, spindles, idler arms, tension rods, hydraulic hoses, and doing minor mower repairs
- Identifies reports or removes unsafe conditions in parks and other City property. Reports to supervisor needed repairs that are beyond scope of the employee’s duties
- Assists in setting up and taking down equipment for special programs; opens and closes facilities as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduation from High School or GED equivalent is preferred but not required
- Experience in ground maintenance work or any combination of relevant education and experience.
- Skill in the operation of the following tools and equipment: pickup truck, tractors, mowers, chain saws, edgers, weed trimmers, sprinklers, and miscellaneous hand and power tools for turf maintenance.
- Working knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Knowledge of proper tree pruning and maintenance techniques.
- Ability to work in all types of weather.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE POSITION:
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This work involves many different and various circumstances when the employee must use own judgment in accessing the situation and getting the job done effectively. Work is performed in all types of weather, and employee is subject to noise, vibration, dust, and fumes during work activities.
The employee must frequently lift and/or carry things weighing as much as 50 to 60 lbs. The specific vision abilities of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Work is performed in all types of weather and employee is subject to noise, vibration, dust and fumes during work activities.
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence immediately as applications are received.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. The “safety sensitive” positions in the following categories may be subject to periodic random drug testing pursuant to City of Lawton Administrative Policy 3-02: Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana. The categories listed are inclusive of City of Lawton jobs only.
- Police Officers or Peace Officers;
- Employees authorized to carry firearms;
- Employees with drug interdiction responsibilities;
- Employees that work in direct contact with inmates;
- Employees engaged in activities which directly affect the safety of others.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.