ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
- Operates various pieces of equipment including trash compactors, track dozer, motor grader, scrapers, backhoe, dump trucks, and wood chipper.
- Operates all equipment to perform land filling duties of trash demolishing, daily, intermediate, and final cover using soils, and maintaining grades and slopes during all operations.
- Drives trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of various equipment and materials.
- Performs required labor involved in trash compaction with emphasis on the following; providing customer direction, demolishing material, building compacted lifts of material, and keeping consistent grade.
- Temporary and permanent road construction and maintenance. Understanding and being able to construct slopes to ensure appropriate drainage, being cognizant of getting customers around landfill during inclement weather conditions.
- Obtains State Certification annually for waste screenings required by ODEQ.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on all equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to supervisor; cleans equipment.
- Performs services on heavy equipment, engine oil changes, filter changes, obtain oil samples when necessary, replace cutting edges as needed, wood chipper maintenance of hammers, teeth, clutch torque, and screen change and clean.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. As a “safety sensitive” employee, you will be subject to drug and alcohol testing, including random testing. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.