ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
Using industry best practices, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and considerable knowledge of relative to application development practices, system software, and database management, the ITS Programmer Analyst:
- Develops and supports technology solutions written in COBOL, 4th Gen Languages such as C++, C#, Speedware, as well as HTML, Visual Basic, Microsoft Visio, VB Script, Java Script and SQL, Qedit for windows and server, MPE/ix operating system, job control language, software utilities, and/or various other programming languages.
- Windows .NET Framework, including VB.Net and ASP.Net programming experience preferred.
- Database design/administration experience (Design, implementation, and modification)
- Proficient in writing fine-tuned SQL queries, stored procedures and working with data in relational databases like SQL Server, MySQL etc.
- Ability to: Recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines.
- Provides expertise on multiple platforms, system integration, and compatibility, and may assist in identifying and or appraising new/replacement offerings
- Serves as liaison between departments, agencies, vendors, contractors and Administration to establish and maintain working relationships and seek solutions to technology issues/problems, and ensure compliance with City-wide standards
- Reviews, evaluates and develops recommendations for enhancements and support of applications including strategic planning, benchmarking, tracking and change management
- Adheres to standard project management methodologies. Must be able to gather requirements and convert requirements to solutions.
- Leads projects on major system design and modification.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education, Experience and Training: Education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or a technical job related field of study.
- Six (6) years of experience in applications analysis project involving multiple computer subsystems, including four (4) years of project leader/management responsibility.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management using Visual Studio and TFS.
- Experience in web portal and SOA Development.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of customer-facing web and SaaS implementations.
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills.
- Familiarity with various development methodologies.
- Knowledge of continuous development, integration, and deployment practices.
- Technically sound in software development activities and life cycles.
- Experience in create SSIS Packages and Develop SSRS reports.
- Working knowledge of business application development in C#.net with SQL Server, testing.
- Experience in a variety of data integration technologies – ETL, flat files, XML, SOAP, etc.
- Knowledge of informational technology disciplines; e.g., software applications and interfaces, production operations, quality assurance and systems management, etc.
- Knowledge of project management process and systems, ITIL/ITSM.
- Excellent written, oral, instructional, presentation, and interpersonal skills focused on motivation and positive attitude.
- Highly self-motivated, directed, and change oriented.
- Ability to detect and troubleshoot SQL Server related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention.
- Subject to Call-Back 24 hours a day.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Will be required to provide a copy of five year driving history.
- Must maintain a good driving record in accordance with the City of Lawton Administrative Code.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department directors, supervisors, employees of departments, officials of other agencies, suppliers and vendors, and technical support personnel to achieve required system goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to write clear, detailed programs for effective computer utilization; ability to recognize, investigate and correct programming problems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of department directors, supervisors, and employees, technical support professionals, external agency personnel and 3rd party vendors.
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence on January 4, 2021. All application submitted after that date will be placed in a separate folder awaiting the outcome of the initial review. Should none of the original applicants be selected, the second set will be available for review.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. The “safety sensitive” positions in the following categories may be subject to periodic random drug testing pursuant to City of Lawton Administrative Policy 3-02: Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana. The categories listed are inclusive of City of Lawton jobs only.
- Police Officers or Peace Officers;
- Employees authorized to carry firearms;
- Employees with drug interdiction responsibilities;
- Employees that work in direct contact with inmates;
- Employees engaged in activities which directly affect the safety of others.
NOTICE: The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
“Individuals holding or considered for a position which has, or may have, access to criminal justice databases including the FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems, NCIC/OSBI and similar databases, must pass a national fingerprint-based records check prior to placement in such position and may be denied placement in such positions and/or access to such systems. Incumbents must also maintain the ability to pass the records check while in the position or until such time that the City Council and/or City Manager deem this position no longer has this requirement.”
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.