Performs complex and routine administrative and clerical work to include data processing and bookkeeping and communicating with other City personnel, outside agencies and the general public.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Regularly enters accurate data into the Water Distribution database from the field crews’ and pump station mechanic worksheets.
- Regularly maintains status of parts and equipment ordered until delivery.
- Regularly reviews incoming invoices for payment to insure accuracy of purchases.
- Regularly and accurately prepares requisitions, logs charge backs to accounts and checks and balances each account monthly; informs Water Distribution Superintendent and field supervisors of status.
- Regularly and accurately processes and maintains records on all inquiries, requests and complaints from members of the public and other City departments and divisions, to include replies to damage claims.
OTHER DUTIES /RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Frequently compiles data and prepares reports on a scheduled and/or demand basis.
- Frequently answers telephone and checks e-mail; takes complaints, inquiries and requests from other City departments and divisions, vendors, outside agencies and the general public and informs the Water Distribution Superintendent and field supervisors of the same.
- Occasionally and accurately maintains training records for division employees.
- Occasionally prepares time attendance reports and coordinates vacations
- Occasionally prepares cost estimates for non-routine jobs and special projects.
- Performs other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited high school, vocational school, or possession of a GED equivalency certificate.
- Experience with radio transmission procedures and dispatch procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Water Distribution dispatcher’s essential functions.
- Knowledge of names and locations of streets; ability to read City maps.
- Knowledge of the materials used in the construction, maintenance and repair of the water distribution system.
- Ability to accurately prepare time and attendance reports, requisitions, charge backs.
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; bookkeeping principles and practices; English, spelling and arithmetic.
Tools and Equipment:
- Skill in the operation of the following tools and equipment: personal computer, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, inventory, scheduling, and other software; the City’s mainframe and computer network; two-way radio; phone; copy and fax machines; and 10-key calculator.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Required to sit, talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Frequently: Required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
Occasionally: Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
This position is assigned to the Water Distribution Division of the Field Utilities Department located at the Public Works Yard - 2100 SW 6th Street.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee normally works in an office environment that is normally quiet and climate controlled.
The personal contacts are typically with employees of different departments, external agencies and with the general public. The purpose of the contacts is to answer questions requiring explanation or limited interpretation of standard procedures.
This document is a temporary management guide tool and is subject to change. The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.