ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates trucks of various sizes and weights in the loading, hauling and unloading of refuse from residential and commercial pick-up points.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned trucks and equipment. Keeps assigned trucks and equipment clean.
- Performs service to and requests repairs on assigned equipment. Major defects are referred to supervisor.
- Performs all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards.
- Performs crew chief duties.
- Occasionally performs a variety of activities when on call requiring the employee to make decisions to correct problems in after-hours situations. Must be available at all times during the assigned period.
- Performs some or all of the duties of laborer as required or assigned.
- Serves as ground guide as required.
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
- Two (2) years experience involving the use of light to heavy equipment related to refuse collection and transportation.
- Considerable knowledge of equipment operating principles; working knowledge of the methods, used in refuse collection and transportation.
- Ability to understand and follow oral or written instruction and to give oral instruction; ability to observe proper safety precautions; ability to establish effective working relationships with other employees, supervisors and the public; ability to perform heavy manual tasks under varying conditions; ability to assess the job at hand and make necessary changes or corrections keeping in line with standard procedures.
- MUST possess a valid Oklahoma driver’s license AND a Class "B" Oklahoma Commercial driver’s license at the time of employment.
- This position requires successful completion of a City of Lawton physical examination and drug screen as a condition of employment.
- Motorized vehicles and equipment, including roll-on/roll-off truck, refuse packer truck and related refuse collection equipment and tools.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Required to sit, see, (shape/size/distance/motion/color) use hands to finger, handle, feel, or otherwise operate equipment tools or controls.
Employee regularly works in outside weather conditions.
Frequently: Required hear, speak, stand and lift and /or move up to forty (40) pounds.
Occasionally: Required to walk, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift and or move up to one hundred (100) pounds. May be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
Rarely: The emphasis is on exerting up to 100 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects including the human body.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501