ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities of streets.
- Skill in the operation of the following tools and equipment: motor grader, scraper, bulldozer, back hoe, front end loader, motorized vehicles and equipment, including dump truck, pickup truck, utility truck, asphalt paving machine, steel wheel roller, rubber tire roller, distributor truck for tach oil, jet inductor truck; man lift; saws; pumps; generators; compressors; common hand and power tools, shovels, wrenches; detection devices; mobile radio; phone; ditch witch; survey level; laser level; television equipment in main inspection
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods of time; ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to work safely and establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions
- Ability to provide leadership for small crews
- Knowledge of working around utilities and road preparation
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must obtain an Oklahoma Class A CDL within six months of date of hire and pass the written test within 30 days of date of hire.
- Due to Oklahoma State licensing requirements for this position, an original or certified true copy of your birth certificate or passport must be made available before a conditional offer for a job can be made.
- Graduation from high school, vocational school or possession of a GED. Four years prior experience related to the construction, maintenance, and repair of water lines, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Required to use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, up to 50 pounds.
- Required to stand and talk or hear, walk, sit, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and or move up to 80 pounds
- Smell materials to better identify or insure purity (lack of contamination).
- Lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 100 pounds, including the human body.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501