ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Performs required labor involved in construction and maintenance projects to water lines, fire hydrants, valves and meters to include pavement-cutting, ditch digging, laying and connecting of pipe and backfilling.
- Cuts, fits, lays, repairs, cleans and flushes water lines, gates, fire hydrants and fittings; assists in shutting off broken sections of water mains and occasionally assists in tapping water mains.
- Performs routine inspection and preventative maintenance on assigned trucks and equipment.
- Uses locating equipment to determine the location of buried water and wastewater lines.
- Assists with proper traffic diversion in and around job sites.
- Skill in the operation of: dump truck, pickup truck, utility truck, backhoe, track hoe, front-end loader, hydrohammer, trencher, saws, pumps, generators, compressors; common hand tools and power tools; detection devices; mobile radio; phone.
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks; ability to communicate effectively;
- ability to work safely; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships;
- ability to understand and carry out instructions; ability to read water atlas and road map.
- Must be available to work nights and weekends.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must obtain an Oklahoma Class “A” CDL within six months of date of hire. Written test must be passed within 30 days of date of hire.
- Must obtain ODEQ Class “D” water certification within one year of date of hire.
- Graduation from high school, vocational school or possession of a GED.
- Two years prior experience related to the construction, maintenance, and repair of water lines, or any equivalent combination of education and experience
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability status.
This position requires successful completion of a City of Lawton drug screen and/or physical as a condition of employment.
EOE /AA Employer /Vets/Disability
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501