ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plans and coordinates the work of semi-skilled workers engaged in preventive maintenance servicing and tire repair.
- Maintains computer records for preventive maintenance, tire service, and minor equipment repairs. Provides technical assistance.
- Oversees the repair and daily operation necessities of select equipment within the cities fleet. This includes a vast array of vehicles and heavy equipment such as backhoe’s, graders, dozers and other support equipment as deemed necessary by the Equipment Maintenance Superintendent.
- Determines the need and feasibility of tire replacement and or repair to motive and non-motive equipment tires.
- Determines the correct parts required to service supported equipment. Coordinates with the Division Parts Specialist to order required repair and service parts as needed.
OTHER DUTIES /RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of preventive maintenance on a wide variety of autos, trucks, light and heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of tire repair and replacement on a wide variety of motive and non-motive equipment.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, employees, divisions, and suppliers.
- Graduation from a standard high school or GED equivalent. Automotive vocational or trade school diploma in an automotive environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of a valid Oklahoma drivers license at date of hire and maintain a valid license as part of the job requirement.
- Successful completion of a city of Lawton physical examination and drug screen as a condition of employment.
This position is assigned to the Equipment Maintenance Division, which is located within the compound of the City of Lawton Public Works Department facilities located at 2215 SW 3rd Street. Will be required to maintain a utility vehicle and provide assistance on an “On Call Basis” to remote work sites as needed.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Is required to sit, speak, listen, read, write, and various other office related functions. Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs. Is required to provide road side service tire repair which requires heavy lifting. Minor equipment repairs on heavy equipment requires heavy lifting at work sites.
Frequently: Required to reach, handle, finger, grasp, speak, see (shape/ size/ distance/ motion/ color), climb ladders up to 12 feet, lift containers weighing up to 30 pounds, and must be available for equipment services and repairs during various hours, weekends, and holidays.
ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those, an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regularly: Works in outside weather conditions.
Works near moving mechanical parts and in precarious places.
Exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, risk of electrical shock, and vibration.
Required to proved road side assistance, tire repairs, and minor equipment repairs on remote job sites as deemed appropriate by the Equipment Maintenance Superintendent.
Occasionally Required to retrieve preventative maintenance and some repair part items from both local and out-of- town venders and deliver to job sites.
This document is a temporary management guide tool and is subject to change. The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501