ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
Using industry best practices, knowledge of pertinent work processes and procedures, and considerable knowledge of relative to application development practices, system software, and database management, the IT Technical Analyst:
- Provides first-line technical support for system users to include problem qualification, fault isolation, problem determination and resolution of system and applications issues and answers; and evaluates and prioritizes client technical inquiries and problems.
- Ensure a positive client experience and high client satisfaction
- Limit troubleshooting to 45 minutes in order to provide rapid response to continually incoming support requests
- Assist in developing documentation, knowledgebase and best practice guides
- Communicate highly technical information to both technical and non-technical users
- Knowledge of current software, including Microsoft Office/Windows products including Windows 10.
- Experience with Active Directory, O365, and MDM solutions.
- Develops and conducts technical training programs; identifies program objectives, designs materials, outlines, and lab exercises, and evaluates trainee performance.
- Defines system configurations to include code table configurations, new user accounts and security roles, workflow and approval processes. Coordinates with production support teams to identify and correct production issues; interfaces with both technical and non-technical users.
- Maintains activity-tracking systems, and refers unresolved system and application issues to technical staff.
- Participates in research and testing of new software and/or hardware or updated features.
- Maintains an awareness of new legislation and or regulations which may impact the operation of the information systems servicing the
- Ability to recognize and resolve system related problems; work independently and make necessary decisions throughout the systems process within department guidelines.
- Provides expertise on multiple platforms, system integration, and compatibility, and may assist in identifying and or appraising new/replacement offerings
- Serves as liaison between departments, agencies, vendors, contractors and Administration to establish and maintain working relationships and seek solutions to technology issues/problems, and ensure compliance with City-wide standards
- Must be able to gather requirements and convert requirements to solutions.
- Leads projects on major system design and modification.
- Ensure a positive client experience and high client satisfaction
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Education, Experience and Training: Education and experience equivalent to an Associate Degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology, Business, or other job related field of study.
- Two (2) years of work related experience in broad-based systems and/or technical support experience, which may include curriculum design and facilitation.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Experience in similar MSP positions such as: IT help desk, IT desktop support, IT support analyst, IT service management; Helpdesk Representative; IT Service Desk; IT user support.
- Intermediate understanding of Active Directory and GPO.
- History of network and firewall administration (Cisco, Sophos, Palo Alto).
- Strong network, server and workstation trouble-shooting knowledge.
- Excellent customer service skills (courteous, tactful, and professional demeanor).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience presenting to groups. CCNA, MSCE certification or other network administrator and/or database training preferred.
- Subject to Call-Back 24 hours a day.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Will be required to provide a copy of 5-year driving history.
- Must maintain a good driving record in accordance with the City of Lawton Code.
“Individuals holding or considered for a position which has, or may have, access to criminal justice databases including the FBI Criminal Justice Information Systems, NCIC/OSBI and similar databases, must pass a national fingerprint-based records check prior to placement in such position and may be denied placement in such positions and/or access to such systems. Incumbents must also maintain the ability to pass the records check while in the position or until such time that the City Council and/or City Manager deem this position no longer has this requirement.”
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with department directors, supervisors, employees of departments, officials of other agencies, suppliers and vendors, and technical support personnel to achieve required system goals.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations;
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to write clear, detailed programs for effective computer utilization; ability to recognize, investigate and correct programming problems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of department directors, supervisors, and employees, technical support professionals, external agency personnel and 3rd party vendors.
First Application Review:
The first application review date will commence on February 8, 2021. All application submitted after that date will be placed in a separate folder awaiting the outcome of the initial review. Should none of the original applicants be selected, the second set will be available for review.
This position is a “safety sensitive” position as defined by the US DOT drug and alcohol testing regulations, the Oklahoma Standards for Workplace Drug and Alcohol Testing Act and/or Oklahoma Medical Marijuana laws. The “safety sensitive” positions in the following categories may be subject to periodic random drug testing pursuant to City of Lawton Administrative Policy 3-02: Drug & Alcohol Free Workplace. Marijuana is one of the substances included in the drug panel screening. Possession of a medical marijuana license will not excuse you from the testing process, or the consequences of testing positive for marijuana. The categories listed are inclusive of City of Lawton jobs only.
- Police Officers or Peace Officers;
- Employees authorized to carry firearms;
- Employees with drug interdiction responsibilities;
- Employees that work in direct contact with inmates;
- Employees engaged in activities which directly affect the safety of others.
The duties listed in this description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader installed on your device to complete the application. Download and complete the attached application in Adobe Reader. Instructions to submit application is mentioned in the application form.