How to Obtain A Library Card
A Lawton Public Library card is necessary to borrow library materials. Individuals may apply for a card at either the Main Library or the Branch.
Individuals living in Comanche County for six months or more are eligible for a regular library card.
The Lawton Public Library has four types of library cards:
- Resident Cards
- University Student Cards
- Non-Resident Cards
- Temporary Cards
An applicant is required to verify:
- proof of identity with a government issued photo ID and
- proof of residency.
- A current driver's license will suffice for both proof of identity and residency.
- Other acceptable ways to prove residency include current (within the last 30 days):
- mortgage payment coupon, rent receipt, or lease agreement
- utility bill received by mail
- bank statement
- payroll check with printed address
- printed check
- letter received by mail
Don't Forget to Renew your Library Carrd
Your library card needs to be renewed once a year. A valid library card is required for OverDrive and Zinio.
For more information, see the Library Card Policy.
Call 580.581.3450 ext. 3 for more details.