Salary Range: $60,715.20 to $94,473.60 annually
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
- Administers various consulting engineering contracts for the City to include contract preparation, development of technical requirements, and time frames; reviews plans and specifications prepared by the consultant; approves pay estimates; insures compliance of plans with standards of engineering practice and applicable City, State, and Federal regulations and requirements; coordinates bidding process; administers projects through the construction phase and the Maintenance Bond period.
- Regularly serves as Project Engineer/Manager for sanitary sewer, water, storm drainage, street and other municipal public works projects; designs projects and prepares plans/specifications; writes project related agenda items for review by the City Council; performs agency coordination for applicable State/Federal permits; reviews construction bids; recommends contract awards; reviews work for compliance with plans and specifications; reviews and approves contract pay estimates and change orders; recommends final acceptance of projects to the City Council.
- Frequently reviews private development projects, including subdivisions, building permits, flood plain permits and similar items for compliance with codes/regulations/standards, adequacy of applications for permits and compliance with approved plans.
- Regularly utilizes AutoCAD and Eagle Point programs for project plan preparation.
- Regularly determines applicable codes, regulations and requirements for assigned projects.
- Frequently assures as-built records of projects and documents necessary changes for the operation and maintenance programs.
- Frequently writes standard specifications, contract documents and prepares standard details for use on City projects.
- Occasionally performs flood plain modeling using HEC Programs and water system modeling using KY pipe programs.
- Regularly coordinates City construction projects with local utility firms to determine if existing utility lines require relocation.
- Regularly provides leadership to monitor workflow, review and correct work and direct work of CAD technicians, inspectors, surveyors and clerical employees.
- Frequently maintains contact with consulting engineers, construction project engineers, City, County, State and Federal agencies, professional and technical groups and the general public regarding division activities and services.
- ·Frequently assists in the evaluation of transportation and traffic impacts of development proposals, permits, rezones, plats, etc.; prepares traffic, utility and other studies and reports.
- Occasionally writes proposed engineering policies and ordinances for City Council review related to traffic control, flood plain, drainage and other engineering issues.
- Occasionally administers City Council engineering policies in subdivision review, traffic analysis and design of municipal projects.
- Regularly writes agenda items for City Council consideration on a variety of engineering related subjects; writes engineering reports for waterline, sewer lines, storm drainage, streets and other municipal facilities.
- Frequently responds to public or other inquiries related to engineering procedures on specific projects and other information.
- Occasionally assists in maintaining the engineering library and infrastructure records.
- Occasionally performs other assigned duties as directed by the Assistant Director of Engineering.
- Master’s degree preferred or graduation from a four-year college or university with a degree in civilengineering or closely related field and a minimum of two years professional civil engineering experience with municipal infrastructure improvements or closely related experience.
- Registration in Oklahoma as a Professional Engineer or the ability to obtain registration in Oklahoma by reciprocity within one year of employment.
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles, practices and methods as applicable to a municipal setting; considerable knowledge of applicable City policies, laws and regulations affecting Division activities
- Work is performed mostly in office settings. Some outdoor work is required in the inspection of various land use developments, constructions sites, or public work facilities. Hand-eye coordination is necessary to operate drafting instruments, computers and various pieces of office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, talk, hear and smell.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501