This position is a repost of the previous listing and will be Open Until Filled.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff and Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP volunteers, the latter of whom are responsible for providing skilled services at no cost to the citizens of Lawton Fort Sill and Comanche County through the auspices of Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP
- Compile data, compose narratives and submit monthly, quarterly, biannual, annual, final close out and other reports as may be required to Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) representatives, as well as to Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP project supervisors, city management and elected officials.
- Serve as advisor to the person or team writing the Year 1 renewal grant application; ensure both adherence to RSVP guidance and timely submission of the application. Responsible for the update and timely submission of both Year 2 and Year 3 continuation grant applications.
- Prepare and submit budget recommendations, revisions and/or transfer requests for the RSVP division.
- Recruit, orient, place and arrange for the assignments of Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP volunteers.
TASKS SPECIFIC TO THE RSVP ADMINISTRATOR:
Contact non-profit, governmental and/or other eligible agencies that are potential RSVP stations for utilization of Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP volunteers. Works closely with agency station managers in the development of volunteer opportunities in which Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP volunteers will render services. Visit Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP volunteer stations to ensure adherence to Federal law and that their work plans’ Performance Measures are being met, all the while identifying and addressing volunteer stations’ needs and problems.
To perform this job satisfactorily, the individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Graduate from a four-year college or university with a degree in marketing and/or business and two years’ experience in a related field, or any equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skill in operation of the following tools and equipment: personal computer, including word-processing, database, spreadsheet, electronic publishing software; fax machine, scanner, digital camera, telephone, ten-key adding machine
- Ability to analyze volunteer problems and develop appropriate solutions; ability to prepare and present comprehensive reports, both oral and written; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other agencies, private and public organizations
,and the general public.
- Considerable knowledge of local, State and Federal government administrative procedures for the program.
- Serves as a member of various advisory councils regarding senior adults.
- Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license or a valid driver’s license from state of residency.
- Must submit to and pass a national sex offender background check, as well as an Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation and Federal Bureau of Investigation background check.
The Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP staff office is located within the City of Lawton. Various volunteer stations are located primarily within the City of Lawton Fort Sill boundaries, but may also be located elsewhere in Comanche County.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS ON THE POSITION:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet while in the office, and moderately loud when in the field.
The personal contacts are typically with individuals or groups that have, or could have, some impact on project or policy matters. The purpose of the contacts are to plan and coordinate work efforts, provide input and advice, and resolve problems by influencing and motivating. The persons contacted typically have mutual goals and basically cooperative attitudes.
The employee is supervised by the Administrative Services Department Director. Employee abides by the Terms and Conditions of all CNCS Notices of Grant Award. Because of Federal grant and State funding, employee also receives direction and guidance from CNCS representatives. Federal project deadlines, goals and objectives are mandated by Federal agencies. Work is reviewed for technical conformance and consistence with practice and policy.
Provides first level supervision for one clerical employee. Provides additional supervision and leadership as may be required to the Senior Corps City of Lawton RSVP volunteers.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Lawton affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or genetic information. Persons selected for employment into any position must pass a drug test. Some positions may require passing an alcohol test. Previous employment and any additional experience will be subject to verification prior to employment processing. A driver’s license and driving record check will be conducted if driving is a job requirement. A post offer employment medical examination may be conducted prior to job placement.
How To Apply ?
Option 1: Online - Adobe PDF
Note: You need to have Adobe Reader Installed on your device to submit the application online. Download or complete the attached application.
Option 2: By Mail
Return all completed application material to :Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501
Application material must be submitted no later than 5 p.m. on the closing date (postmark alone is insufficient). The closing date is listed on the job announcement or the application material.
Option 3: In Person
The Human Resources Department is located on the 2nd Floor inside City Hall.Human Resources Department
212 SW 9th St
Lawton, OK 73501