To maintain and enhance the streets, providing a safe transportation network in our community. Utilizing trained, dedicated, and professional personnel,with an emphasis on exceptional customer service.
Street Division Function:
The Street division is responsible for maintenance and repair of dedicated streets and alleys through cleaning of streets, patching, paving, reconstructing surfaces and repairing utility cut repairs to streets, sidewalks, driveways and parking lots. This division is also responsible for the rapid assessment of damages, mobilization of personnel and resources, cleanup and recover operations during emergency situations that cannot be handled by routine measures.
Traffic Control Division Function:
The Traffic Control Division is responsible for; producing, installing and maintaining regulatory and non regulatory signs, maintaining traffic signals, installing and maintaining traffic and pedestrian barriers, and installing paint and thermoplastic vehicle and pedestrian lane markings. This division provides traffic control during repair operations and community events. This division also assists the street division during emergency operations.
Streets and Traffic ControlHomepage
2100 SW 6th Street
Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m to 3:30 pm
Send us a message
►Stay Alert and Minimize Distractions
- Dedicate your full attention to the roadway
- Avoid changing the radio station, using a mobile phone, eating, or other distractions that can remove concentration from the road
►Pay Attention to the Road
- “Listen to the signs”
- Watch brake lights on vehicles ahead
- Watch traffic around you and be prepared to react
►Merge into the Proper Lane
- Merge well before you reach the lane closure
- Be aware that traffic patterns can change daily
- Follow other vehicles at a safe distance Traffic Control Division Function:
►Keep Your Headlights On
►Obey the Posted Speed Limit
- Workers may be present just feet away
- Fines may be doubled for moving traffic violations
- Be prepared to slow down further if conditions indicate the need
►Change Lanes Safely
- Change lanes only where pavement markings indicate, and only when traffic conditions permit
►Follow Instructions from Flaggers
►Expect the Unexpected
- Workers, work vehicles, or equipment may enter your lane without warning
- Other vehicles may slow, stop, or change lanes unexpectedly
Winter Driving Precautions
The following is a list of things drivers should be aware of when encountering sanding equipment on the roadways:
Frequently Asked Questions
Please provide a brief description of the hazard, a specific location or address, and a contact name and telephone number should further information be required.
Call (580)581-3427 during normal business hours.
To report a hazard after normal business hours, weekends or holidays, contact Police Dispatch non emergency (580)581-3272.
**I44 is within Oklahoma Department of Transportation jurisdiction and not maintained by the City of Lawton.
Dedicated roads within Lawton city limits are inspected periodically. Although the condition of the road is a major factor of this inspection,there are numerous other factors that are taken into consideration during these inspections to determine where limited funding should be directed. Ultimately, each ward representative makes the final selection.
If you belong to a group or organization that is interested in volunteering to keep a section of roadway right of way litter free, contact the Street Division to find out how you can help to keep Lawton Beautiful.
A STREET LIGHT is defined as: a light, usually supported by a lamp post, for illuminating a street or road.
To report outages, contact PSO at 1-888-216-3523.
A TRAFFIC LIGHT is defined as: a set of electrically operated signal lights used to direct or control traffic at intersections.
To report outages, contact the City of Lawton/Electronics division at 580-581-3418.
How to find Us