- Camping Changes & Reminders, City of Lawton
Camping Changes & Reminders, City of Lawton
As of 7/20/20, the following changes will take place at the Lake Lawtonka East Campground:
- Only one RV per site at the campground will be allowed.
- Only 50 amp electrical service will be available at the campground. Campers with 30 amp capabilities will have to supply their own "dog bone connector" to allow a 30 amp unit to plug into a 50 amp receptacle.
These changes are due to electrical needs of modern campers outgrowing the electrical supply capabilities of the campground, as well as multiple units being hooked up to one campsite. The interest of the City of Lawton Lakes Division is to keep public property from being damaged due to overload.
Additional kind reminders for campers:
- Per City Code, water hoses are not to remain connected to campground sources.
- Please be cognizant of potential littering issues; all disposed items should be carried to garbage receptacles.
- If not camping overnight at Lake Lawtonka, the only place to recreate is the "Day Use Area."
- Pets are not allowed at the Day Use Area.
- All glass bottles and containers are prohibited at both Lake Lawtonka and Lake Ellsworth.
- Please help respect and upkeep public restroom facilities on site; all patrons must use these facilities.
Additional questions or concerns may be directed to the City of Lawton Lakes Division at 580.529.2663,