- Council Approves Fiscal Year 2022-2023 City Budget
Council Approves Fiscal Year 2022-2023 City Budget
The Lawton City Council approved the budget for the City of Lawton’s 2022-2023 fiscal year during the regular Lawton City Council meeting on Tuesday, May 24.
Click here to view the final preliminary budget, which was approved by the Lawton City Council.
The City of Lawton’s Finance Department predicted overall budgetary revenues of $198,520,114 with an overall budgetary expenditure of $222,538,224.
The FY 2022-2023 budget revenues are based on an increase in sales tax use of four percent and a utility rates and fees increase of 15 percent. A summary of the expenditure includes:
- Personnel will have the opportunity for a one step increase or a 3 percent increase in base pay upon annual evaluation
- One percent increase in controllable operational expenditures
- Expenditure of $5,998,716 in Rolling Stock improvements
- Expenditure of $3,578,740 in other budgetary funding improvements
- Expenditure of $60,474,847 for Improvements through GO Bonds, Ad Valorem Tax and 2019 PROPEL sales taxes
The 2022-2023 fiscal year for the City of Lawton will begin July 1, 2022.