- Lawton Police Chief Statement, December 6, 2021
Lawton Police Chief Statement, December 6, 2021
From the Office of the Police Chief
CITY OF LAWTON
On Dec. 5, 2021, the Lawton Police Department received a call to 1806 NW Lincoln. This call resulted in the loss of life of Quadry Sanders. As this is an officer-involved shooting, it is the Lawton Police Department’s longstanding policy that the investigation be turned over to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. Currently, this is an ongoing investigation within the OSBI therefore facts and circumstances may evolve as OSBI moves forward. Upon completion of their investigation, the OSBI will submit a report summarizing their investigation to the District Attorney’s Office. The District Attorney will determine whether charges will be filed. The involved officers have been placed on administrative leave.
The following was released by the OSBI approximately at 4:30 p.m. December 6, 2021:
- A 9-1-1 call was made around 8:30 p.m. to report Quadry Sanders, 29, was inside the residence at 1806 NW Lincoln Avenue and in violation of a protective order.
- The caller reported that Sanders was waving a gun inside the house.
- Officers from the Lawton Police Department responded to the call.
- Officers requested that Sanders come out of the house. He went out the side of the house and then went back inside before coming out the front.
- A confrontation with the police occurred in front of the home and Sanders was shot.
- Once in custody, officers attempted life saving measures until EMS arrived to transport Sanders to the hospital.
- Once at the hospital, Sanders was pronounced deceased.
All further and future information, such as names and details, will be released by the OSBI.
I wanted to offer my heartfelt condolences to the family and friends who have been affected by this incident. Our hearts go out to the family of Mr. Sanders as well as the officers and their families during this time. Rest assured that we will continue to cooperate in every way with the OSBI.
Moving forward, we will continue to be professional, fair and respectful to all people of who we are sworn to serve.
CLICK HERE to view the statement.