- Solid Waste September initiative will waive solid waste fees for one year
Solid Waste September initiative will waive solid waste fees for one year
The entry form for the City of Lawton's Solid Waste September Drawing 2021 is no longer accepting entries. For questions, email @email.
ENTRY FORM LINK: https://forms.gle/8wBTonRSDjNC8Xcn8
Entry form will be live October 1-8, 2021.
There is a limit of only one entry per household. If a person enters more than once, that person will be disqualified from the drawing. Full drawing information and rules can be found below.
Public Works and the Department of Community Relations will kickoff Solid Waste September next week, an initiative allowing citizens to enter a drawing to receive one year's worth of waived solid waste collection fees. The initiative was approved by Lawton City Council at the Aug. 24 meeting.
"This is a fun way to educate the community and simultaneously say 'thank you' to community members who have worked through recent operational transitions with us,' said Tiffany Martinez Vrska, Community Relations Director. "We appreciate our community partners at Arvest Bank, the business that has sponsored the waste collection fees to be waived."
In July 2021, City Council gave direction to staff to coordinate additional education and outreach in regard to solid waste collection procedures and guidelines. Once-a-week residential poly cart collection began in April, in addition to once-a-month bulky waste collection. Under the new plan, more total volume of trash can be collected per household. The Solid Waste September initiative will allow active utility account holders to virtually enter a drawing Oct. 1-8, 2021, so long as no violations have occurred regarding solid waste collection at their residence during September 2021.
Citizens should abide by rules laid forth in the Solid Waste Guide & Policy, which can be found at lawtonok.gov/sites/default/files/2021-08/COL%20Solid%20Waste%20Set%20Out%20Guide%202021%20%2814%29_1.pdf, in order to be eligible to enter the drawing. More information and full rules can be found below.
DRAWING INFORMATION & RULES
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be a resident of Lawton, Oklahoma.
• Must have an active utility account with the City of Lawton.
• Must be verifiable by City of Lawton staff that person entering drawing did not receive any tags, labels, or documented warnings of waste collection violations at corresponding residence during the month of September 2021.
• Those interested in entering the drawing must do so online in accordance with instructions posted to lawtonok.gov Oct. 1-8, 2021.
o There is a limit of only one entry per household.
o If a person enters more than once, that person will be disqualified from the drawing.
o If a person violates any rules of the drawing opportunity that are posted to the lawtonok.gov website, the person will be disqualified from the drawing.
• The name of the winner will be drawn in October 2021.
• The winner will be contacted by City of Lawton staff via telephone.
o Once contacted, the winner must produce an active utility bill and form of identification for City staff within 5 business days. The name on the bill and ID must match.
o The winner must confirm with City staff permission to receive a utility bill credit of $225.00 to their account.
o The winner will be contacted only three times within three business days for such confirmation.
o If no contact is made, the process to draw another winner will begin again.
• Take notice that the winner will receive a total of $225.00 to be credited in full to their utility account beginning January 2022. Any additional utility account charges after this credit is used is the responsibility of the winner to pay in full.
• The winning shall only be by way of the waiving of utility fees; no cash exchange shall be had at any point as part of this drawing opportunity.
• A private business has sponsored the $225.00 utility fee credit; no public funds of the City of Lawton have been used for utility fee credits as part of the drawing opportunity.
• The City of Lawton will make reasonable accommodations should the need arise and should the request be made immediately known. Such requests should be made known in writing to @email or by mail to: COL Public Affairs, 212 SW 9th Street, Lawton OK, 73501.
NOTE: NO PERSONAL INFORMATION (SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS, FOR EXAMPLE) WILL BE REQUESTED DURING THIS PROCESS. CITIZENS SHOULD NOT DISCLOSE THAT TYPE OF INFORMATION. CITIZENS SHOULD CONTACT THE LAWTON POLICE DEPARTMENT IF THEY FEEL THEY HAVE BEEN A VICTIM OF SCAM.