- City Services
- Find a Campground
Find a Campground
City of Lawton has two lakes that provide camping services. Lake Lawtonka and Lake Ellsworth
As of 7/20/20, the following changes will take place at the Lake Lawtonka East Campground:
- Only one RV per site at the campground will be allowed.
- Only 50 amp electrical service will be available at the campground. Campers with 30 amp capabilities will have to supply their own "dog bone connector" to allow a 30 amp unit to plug into a 50 amp receptacle.
These changes are due to electrical needs of modern campers outgrowing the electrical supply capabilities of the campground, as well as multiple units being hooked up to one campsite. The interest of the City of Lawton Lakes Division is to keep public property from being damaged due to overload.
Additional kind reminders for campers:
- Per City Code, water hoses are not to remain connected to campground sources.
- Please be cognizant of potential littering issues; all disposed items should be carried to garbage receptacles.
- If not camping overnight at Lake Lawtonka, the only place to recreate is the "Day Use Area."
- Pets are not allowed at the Day Use Area.
- All glass bottles and containers are prohibited at both Lake Lawtonka and Lake Ellsworth.
- Please help respect and upkeep public restroom facilities on site; all patrons must use these facilities.
- Payment is due at the time you occupy the spot. If after 3:30 pm please use our drop box to remit payment. Our drop box is located at Lake Headquarters, 23510 State Highway 58, Lawton, OK 73507
Additional questions or concerns may be directed to the City of Lawton Lakes Division at 580.529.2663.
Where to camp
Lake Lawtona has two campgrounds. East Campground and Robinson's Landing
View East Campground & Robinson's Landing
Lake Ellsworth has 5 campgrounds. Edgewater Park, Chandler Creek, Ralph's Resort, East side of the Lake Ellsworth Dam, Colliers Landing
The following fee's are for Lake Lawtonka's East Campground and Robinsons Landing (NEW PRICING EFFECTIVE 07/01/2022)
ONLY ONE RV IS ALLOWED PER SITE
Preferred sites $30.00
East Campground site #'s 1-23 RV ONLY
Robinsons Landing site #'s 1-23
Off Season Oct. 1 - March 1 $20.00
Non-Preferred sites $25.00
East Campground site #'s 24-45 RV ONLY
Robinsons Landing site #'s 24-28
Off Season Oct. 1 - March 1 $15.00
Primitive Sites (TENT ONLY - NO ELECTRIC) $15.00
Off Season Oct. 1 - March 1 $10.00
Senior Citizen (65) or Disability (60%) $20.00
Off Season Oct. 1 - March 1 $10.00
NON-PREFERRED SITES ONLY
All camping sites at Lake Ellsworth are $25.00 per night and are eligible for a Senior Citizen or disability discount with proof.
***Group Use 1 & 2 are by reservation only and are available from 7 am - 11 pm, $40.00 per day. Reservations and a non-refundable event permit application must be filled out 10 days in advance. The application and fee will be for parties of 25 or more. Overnight camping is not allowed at these two locations. To reserve or if you have questions, contact Misty Roberts at @email or by calling (580) 529-2663 Monday thru Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
FEES ARE DUE AT THE TIME OF OCCUPANCY, FEES ARE FOR EACH SLEEPING UNIT.
****NO RESERVATIONS**** ****HOLDING OF SPOTS FOR OTHERS IS NOT ALLOWED****
****WE DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARDS. CASH CHECK ONLY****
If after 3:30 pm please use our drop box to remit payment. Our drop box is located at Lake Headquarters, 23510 State Highway 58, Lawton OK 73507
Camping Rules & Regulations
- You may camp at designated area's only. Shelters will be occupied on a first come first serve basis. There will be no reservations. To hold a vacant shelter or area, you must have a camping unit, i.e. pickups with camper shells, a camping van, travel trailer or motor home must be placed on a vacant site pending issuance of a camping permit. Tents are not allowed to hold vacant spots. Tent camping will only be permitted in the "ponds or primitive camping area." No more than 1 camping unit will be located at each camp site. NO electrical appliances (refrigerator, freezer, stove, microwave) will be allowed outside of the camping unit.
- The City's fee collector will collect and issue camping permit. Payment is due and must stay current at that time you occupy the spot, no exceptions. Non-payment will result in the electricity shut off at the site, RV removed or a tent being confiscated at the owners expense. Cash or check only. We DO NOT accept credit cards. If after hours, payment can be made at the Lake Headquarters, 23510 State Highway 58, Lawton, OK 73507.
- During the camping season (March 1 - September 30) no camper will be allowed to occupy any camping site for a period of more than fourteen (14) days or hold the same site more than once per camping season.
- At both Lake Ellsworth and Lake Lawtonka there is an overnight camping fee for EACH UNIT utilizing a camping-picnic shelter as specified in the fee schedule. Lake Lawtonka East Campground 50 amp only, one RV sleeping unit per site. Lake Lawtonka Robinson's Landing 30 & 50 amp one sleeping unit per site. Lake Ellsworth 30 & 50 amp, max 2 per site.
The following acts are prohibited:
- Littering or dumping of sewage, to include gray water or any other type of waste.
- Noise must be kept at a minimum during quiet hours for 11:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M. in all camping and picnic areas.
- A fifteen (15) mile per hour speed limit will exist in all camping areas.
- Camping will not be allowed between campers located at camping picnic shelters and the high water line.
- ALL animals are restricted from and are not allowed in the day use picnic area, except animals to assist physically impaired persons and must be kept on a leash at all times.
- Swimming pools of any kind are prohibited.
- GLASS beverage containers shall not be used or possessed in any park or lake owned by the city.
FOR A COMPLETE LIST OF RULES AND REGULATIONS PLEASE SEE CITY CODE SECTION CHAPTER 19