- City Services
- Reducing Waste & Recycling
Reducing Waste & Recycling
Help our community and environment by reading the tips and information below!
The first step in the recycling process is reducing. Here are some tips to reduce the amount of trash we produce:
- Look for containers that can be reused or recycled, like aluminum and glass or ones that can be composted like paper.
- Buy in bulk or concentrated products whenever you can.
- Avoid items that are made to be thrown away after only a few uses like disposable razors or flashlights.
- Look for products you can use over and over again like thermos jars, rechargeable batteries, cloth towels, glass plates, etc.
- Look for creative ways to practice source reduction.