- Bulk Waste reminders to avoid fee
Bulk Waste reminders to avoid fee
Published March 21, 2023
Caitlin Gatlin | Communications & Marketing Manager
Beginning April 7, 2023, residents who do not follow the Bulk Waste Program Guidelines will be subject to a $133.35 fee.
The change in enforcement comes after the March 7th Lawton City Council Meeting when Councilmembers approved an ordinance allowing the City to charge utility accounts for abatements within the right-of-way.
Under the new ordinances, customers will be charged $133.35/hour to their water bills if:
- Material that is not considered bulk waste is set out.
- Bulk waste is set out before or after the area’s designated collection week.
- Bulk waste measures outside the four cubic yard guideline.
- Any household trash is set out at any time.
These fees were determined based on what the current abatement contractor for the City of Lawton charges.
Our Bulk Waste Collection Guidelines can be found here. This document includes what constitutes as bulk and what does not. You will also find a complete list of bulk waste collection dates.
For more information, please contact the City of Lawton’s Solid Waste Division at (580) 581-3428.