- Continued COVID-19 Precautions, additional information
Continued COVID-19 Precautions, additional information
Following the repeal of the community-wide mask mandate by Lawton City Council 3/24/21, citizens are advised of the following administrative operations and requirements regarding City of Lawton offices and sites.
• City sites and facilities are generally reopened to the public beginning 3/26/21, with the exception of recreation centers since these sites may soon be used as Point of Distribution sites for vaccination clinics at the request of the Comanche County Health Department.
• To access any indoor City site or facility that is open to the public, masks or face shields are required.
• City staff members shall continue to wear masks while interacting with the public during job duties and as outlined in given internal policies. Any person speaking into a microphone or giving a presentation at City facilities so long as adequate social distancing can be maintained or so long as separation by plexiglass/sneeze guards are in place, is not required to wear a mask/face shield.
• Permit applications and rental requests may now be received for City sites and facilities, both indoor and outdoor. View contact information for given departments at lawtonok.gov.
These matters will be revisited following the expiration of the State Executive Order in regard to COVID-19 on or around 4/12/21.