- Open Call for 2019 "One to Six" Art Purchase Competition Going On Now
Open Call for 2019 "One to Six" Art Purchase Competition Going On Now
2019 “One to Six” $900 Art Purchase Competition, Open Call
Deadline - Friday, November 1, 2019
Open call is announced for artwork to be considered for the “One to Six” Art Purchase Award. The City of Lawton and the Lawton Arts & Humanities Council (LAHC) sponsor this art purchase award. The LAHC’s Program Committee serves as jury, making recommendations to the LAHC for the purchase of six pieces of artwork from one artist. The artwork in turn is presented to the six people who win the 2019 Cultural Awards. The award is $900.00 for the six pieces.
Past artists recipients of the “One to Six” have been Janie Griffin, custom silver jewelry; John Hernandez, hand painted gourds with woven pine needles; Santos Rubio, Macro-photography; and Tom Biggs, watercolor just to name a few.
Call the Arts & Humanities Division at 580-581-3470 or 581-3471 for more information. The entry form with guidelines is available at the Arts & Humanities Division and online at the website, visit www.lawtonok.gov/programs/one-six-art-purchase-award-program.
Submissions with form can be mailed or delivered to the Arts & Humanities Division. For mail: Arts & Humanities Division, P.O. Box 1054, Lawton, OK 73502, Must be received in the office by Friday, November 1, 2019. Deliver to: Arts & Humanities Division, west entrance of McMahon Memorial Auditorium, 801 NW Ferris Ave., hours are 8-12 and 1-5, Monday - Friday.
“One to Six” Guidelines:
- Theme is open but should be appropriate to the Cultural Awards.
- All artists are eligible, no entry fee with six (6) works allowed per artists.
- Do not send actual artwork for consideration, photos only. Label each with artist name, contact info, and title of work if any. Submit an artist statement with contact information.
- Two and three-dimensional works considered. Submit photos of artwork: 1 photo for 2-D works and 3-photos for 3-D (top and sides) works.
- Size limit: Each artwork should be less than 24” in any direction.
- All media considered includes limited edition fine art prints or photographs.
- All artworks need fine art presentation where artwork, including frame and matting as well as any base, should be made of archival materials.
- Area reserved (estimate 1-2” x 3-4”) for a plaque.
- Artist retains copyright and must approve of photographic use of image for advertising, education, publicity and display materials.
- City of Lawton and LAHC is not obligated to offer award if it is determined that there is not an appropriate artwork submission.