- Press Release - 2017 Lawton-Ft. Sill Freedom Festival
Press Release - 2017 Lawton-Ft. Sill Freedom Festival
Press Release - 6/7/2017
UPDATE - 2017 LAWTON-FT. SILL FREEDOM FESTIVAL
Saturday, July 1 from 11am – 10pm
Elmer Thomas Park in Lawton, OK
(Lawton, OK) Celebrate our country’s Independence on Saturday, July 1 at the Lawton-Ft. Sill’s Freedom Festival in Lawton’s Elmer Thomas Park. The festival, with free admission and no parking fees, is a project of the Freedom Festival Committee chaired by City of Lawton Councilman Keith Jackson, City of Lawton staff and community volunteers. Festival opens at 11am and closes with one of the largest fireworks display in Oklahoma, choreographed to music!
The public is invited to bring lawn chairs, umbrellas/sunscreen, insect repellent, flashlights and picnic baskets. Please no pets, service animals only and no personal fireworks, alcohol or drones. For the public’s safety, a portion of the lake’s walking track/trail will be closed from 10 am Saturday, July 1 till 8am Sunday, July 2. The patrons of the park’s walking track are invited to stroll thru the festival grounds.
Freedom Festival’s events and amenities include:
- Parking adjacent to festival grounds
- Park & Ride, starting at 12noon, runs from Lawton High School & McMahon Auditorium to drop off near the playground in the park
- Sweet Temptationz Car Show and Wind River Harley-Davidson Motorcycle Show, open to all makes and models, Registration at 10am, Car & Motorcycle Show, 12am-4pm w/ award presentations at 3pm
- Dannie Carson in Concert, 2pm, across from the car show
- Food, drink and sales vendors: 11am through fireworks
- Activity Vendors, fee based: 11am through fireworks include Face Painting, Petting Zoo, Pony Rides & Mechanical Bull
- Free Bounce Houses: 11am-8pm
- Onsite ATM
- NEW! Throughout the day, watch live on Late Nite Lawton’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/LateNiteLawton Restroom facilities
- Lake side stage kicks off at 2pm w/ Mad Leon followed by Cross Towne Groove. 7pm, 77th Army Band, “The Pride of Fort Sill” will present a high energy concert
- One of the largest fireworks display in Oklahoma, choreographed to music starts after the sun sets at approximately 9:30pm.
LISTEN LIVE! Tune in to the live broadcast of fireworks' music on Magic 95, 95.3FM. Also listen via Magic 95's website, www.magic953.com
and through their Apple and Android apps.
This event is hosted by the City of Lawton with partnerships from Apache Casio Hotel, Center Point Energy, Great Plains Chapter of Ambucs, SW Ready Mix, Arvest Bank, Comanche County Memorial Hospital, Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, Pam & Barry's Team @ Remax, City National Bank and Bancfirst. In-Kind Sponsors of the event are CenterPoint Energy, Bar-S, Lawton-Fort Sill Convention and Visitors Bureau, Wind River Harley-Davidson, Sweet Temptationz Car Club, Kiowa, Comanche & Apache Intertribal Land Use Committee (KCA), Hardzog Farms, JAMARK Security and Southwest Sales, Inc. The entertainers, Dannie Carson, Mad Leon Band and Cross Towne Groove have also donated their services. The 77th Army Band’s performance is courtesy of the Fires Center of Excellence, Fort Sill.
In addition, media sponsors of the event include Magic 95", 95.3FM, Hot Country 973FM, Sooner Classic Hits FM, The Lawton Constitution/Fort Sill Tribune Newpapers, Late Nite Lawton, Townsquare Media Lawton with KLAW 101, Z94, and 107.3 POPCRUSH, KCCU – FM, KSWO-TV and The Breeze, 95.5FM.
Volunteering at the festival is a great way to meet new people in the community, get work experience for your resume, gain visibility for your organization or business, family or group activity, and just have FUN!! The committee would like to thank MacArthur High School Key Club for their volunteer services. The Freedom Festival invites everyone to participate in this citywide celebration. All organizations and clubs are invited to volunteer and join us no matter where you live!!! For more information, contact Josh Leach at 580-581-3371 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call the Arts & Humanities Division at 580-581-3470/3471 or visit the City of Lawton’s website www.lawtonok.gov for more information. Also, visit the festival’s social media site on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LawtonFreedomFestival .
For general information, contact Arts & Humanities Division, 580-581-3470/3471, Email: Tneeley@lawtonok.gov