- PSA: Information to run for Mayor, or Wards 1 or 2
PSA: Information to run for Mayor, or Wards 1 or 2
The terms of elected officials in the positions of WARD 1, WARD 2 and MAYOR will expire in 2022. Public information and education regarding running for those offices is as follows:
- Filing dates are August 2, 3 and 4, 2021. Contact the Comanche County Election Board at 580.353.1880 for more information on this process.
- Responsibilities of elected officials are outlined in the City Charter and include the following: Approving ordinances, resolutions and contracts, including but not limited to property sales, acquisitions and leases as well as major purchases of materials, equipment and services required by the City. With the advise and assistance of the City Manager, the Council reviews proposals for community needs, initiates action for new programs and determines the ability of the City to provide financing for City activities.
- Ward maps can be viewed here. Those wishing to run for Ward 1 or Ward 2 must live in those respective wards; any mayoral candidate must be a resident of Lawton.
- Election Day is 9/14/21. If necessary, a runoff would be held in November 2021.
- Questions may be directed to the office of the City Clerk at: 580.581.3305 or @email.
*VOTING INFO: Those wishing to vote in the election should be registered by 8/20/21.*
View or share an informational video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTWr4R-5U3Y