- Summer 2018 COL Internships
Summer 2018 COL Internships
High school juniors or seniors may be eligible for internship opportunities!
The City of Lawton will be providing a Summer Intern Program in various department this summer: Library, Parks & Recreation, Legal Services, Solid Waste Disposal, Water Treatment, Municipal Court and Animal Welfare.
About the Program
- The City of Lawton Summer Intern Program is specially funded through sale tax dollars that are set aside to provide high school students the opportunity to obtain real-life experience for a possible career path or college major.
- If selected, orientation will be held for you and your parent(s) on May 22, 2018.
- Each intern will work 20 hours weekly in the area of interest alongside one of our best employees in the field.
- Work day are Monday through Friday, with some flexibility allowed for extracurricular summer schedules.
- The hourly rate for all interns is $9.18.
- The program will run May 30, 2018 through July 13, 2018.
- High School junior or senior during the 2017-18 school year.
- Must qualify for free or reduced lunch program.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, counselor or principal.
- Good discipline.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (some positions may require a higher GPA)
- Complete application
- Participate in an interview
What to Expect From Us
As a summer intern, you will be placed in an assigned available position that meets your desired career choice.
This will be your opportunity to apply your talents and education to a position that will not only benefit you after high school, but could be placed on your college and future job applications.
You will receive a certificate of completion and letter of reference at the end of the program.
*APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE COUNSELOR’S OFFICE; DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 4/26/18*
*CALL THE CITY OF LAWTON HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 580.581.3392 FOR MORE INFORMATION*