- Application for Outside Water Sales
Application for Outside Water Sales
The following is the procedure to purchase treated water outside municipal limits:
- Submit completed application, with required attachments, and fee to the Legal Department.
- The Legal Department will review the application and if it is in accordance with the approved policy, will coordinate with the Public Utilities Department to make a recommendation to council.
- If the Public Utilities Department recommends approval, the Legal Department will draft a water contract and put it on the next available City Council meeting for final approval.
- If the City Council approves a water contract, the applicant can apply for a building permit, then purchase a water meter and setup a new water service account.
- If the City Council does not approve the water contract, the applicant may not reapply for water service for a period of six (6) months.
Any new structures outside city limits that receive City of Lawton water will be required to obtain building permits and inspections from the City of Lawton License and Permits Department.
WATER METERS MUST BE PLACED IN SERVICE WITHIN ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE CITY COUNCIL APPROVES THE CONTRACT OR FEES PAID WILL BE FORFEITED AND CONTRACT WILL BE VOID.
ALL APPROVED WATER CONTRACTS WILL RUN WITH THE PROPERTY. THE EXECUTED CONTRACT SHALL BE RECORDED IN THE OFFICE OF THE COMANCHE COUNTY CLERK AND SHALL CONSTITUTE A COVENANT RUNNING WITH THE LAND. ALL COVENANTS AND PROVISIONS OF THE CONTRACT SHALL BE BINDING ON THE OWNER AND ALL OTHER PERSONS SUBSEQUENTLY ACQUIRING ANY RIGHT, TITLE, OR INTEREST IN OR ON SAID PROPERTY.