- COL Summer Youth Internship Program, 2019
The City of Lawton will be providing a Summer Intern Program in various departments this summer, to include the Lawton Public Library, Parks & Recreation, and the Lawton Police Department! Learn more below!
About the Program
- The City of Lawton Summer Intern Program is specially funded through sale tax dollars that are set aside to provide high school students the opportunity to obtain real-life experience for a possible career path or college major.
- If selected, there will be an orientation for the student and parent/guardian on May 21, 2019.
- Each intern will work 20 hours weekly in the area of interest alongside one of our best employees in the field.
- Work days are Monday through Friday, with some flexibility allowed for extracurricular summer schedules.
- The hourly rate for all interns is $9.18.
- The program will run May 28, 2019 through July 12, 2019.
- High School junior or senior during the 2018-19 school year.
- Must qualify for free or reduced lunch program.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, coach, counselor or principal.
- Good discipline.
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 (some positions may require a higher GPA)
- Complete application
- Participate in an interview
What to Expect From Us
As a summer intern, you will be placed in an assigned available position that meets your desired career choice.
This will be your opportunity to apply your talents and education to a position that will not only benefit you after high school, but could be placed on your college and future job applications.
You will receive a certificate of completion and letter of reference at the end of the program.
*APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE COUNSELOR’S OFFICE STARTING APRIL 1 AND MUST BE RETURNED TO COUNSELOR BY APRIL 19*
*CALL THE CITY OF LAWTON HUMAN RESOURCES OFFICE AT 580.581.3392 FOR MORE INFORMATION*