- City Services
- Reducing Waste
Help our community and environment by reading the tips and information below!
The first step in the recycling process is reducing. Here are some tips to reduce the amount of trash we produce:
- Look for containers that can be reused or recycled, like aluminum and glass or ones that can be composted like paper.
- Buy in bulk or concentrated products whenever you can.
- Avoid items that are made to be thrown away after only a few uses like disposable razors or flashlights.
- Look for products you can use over and over again like thermos jars, rechargeable batteries, cloth towels, glass plates, etc.
- Look for creative ways to practice source reduction.
Although the City of Lawton does not have a Recycling Program at this time, our neighbors and community partners at Fort Sill MWR manage a nearby Recycle Center. More information on the Center can be found here: https://sill.armymwr.com/programs/recycle-center